Linggo, Abril 27, 2014

DIY Brush Cleaner,Holder and Brush Guards!

If you're on a tight budget like me, I am always on a tight budget but I still spent alot. :( hahaha. I cant afford those brush cleaners, brush holder and brush guards. Not right now, when there will always has something to save to. (e.g Grad Ball Dress, Shoes, etc.) So I researched and read some blogs about the DIY Brush Cleaners, Holder and Guards!


DIY Brush Cleaner

I recently deep cleaned my brushes using an extra virgin olive oil and an anti bacterial soap. I learned this trick from Michelle Phan in Youtube, only she uses the dishwashing soap instead of me using the anti bacterial soap.  The EVOO is to maintain the softness of hair of the brushes since the soap can be harsh and can damage the bristles of the brushes while the anti bacterial soap cleanses the germs away from the brushes!
Bioderm's Germicidal Soap.

Photo isnt mine. But this is what I use.
Credits to: http://article.wn.com/view/2010/06/04/Feds_get_picky_over_what_makes_oil_extra_virgin_h/

How I do it is to first wash the brush with water then slightly dab it to the soap and then pour a little amount of EVOO to it. *Dont put too much oil or you'll never be able to use your brush again* Wash it thoroughly.


After cleaning, I used to blow dry them but found out that it's a No-No.  So, to dry my brushes I have two options.

First:
 I used a clean towel and placed it like this so the water wont go where the glue that holds the hair and the handle together.

Second: DIY Brush Holders.


MY DIY BRUSH HOLDERS. Brainy, right? ;)


I also use a hanger that has several clippers, or what we call here "sipitan" then I clip my brushes the same position as in the first option and then hang it and wait for it to dry.

DIY Brush Guards

Brush Guards cost around 200 and contains for 6 to 8 guards, I think.  I have alot of brushes and I think that's not "sulit".  So, I'm suggesting this DIY that I have read somewhere. I trried this and I guess, it's effective! :)

When you buy a brush well of course it is placed in a plastic packaging like this.  Make sure to clean it first by wiping it with a wet towel first then a dry one after.

Cut it like this.


It should look like this. Owkay?




I know some will be too big for a brush so I suggest you get a tape and then tape it outside so it'll fit the brush and the brush will maintain its shape.  Try putting holes in the plastics so the air can peep into the brush.



Voila, you have your brush guards! ;)




I hope you guys learned some cool stuff.  Sometimes, you really dont need to spend alot! Always try to look for alternatives! ;)


Til next post!


`Thy!


Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento